Job Title: Office Manager
Reports to: Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: Assists in the fair representation of the financial condition of the company, implements controls to ensure compliance, and completes the activities necessary either personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares daily bank deposit.
- Prepare daily cash report.
- Reconcile and replenish cash boxes and petty cash.
- Post mechanics' time records daily.
- Post manual journal entries, counter tickets not posted by the computer system, and any other postings as required.
- Maintain control of posted documents.
- Post monthly standard entries.
- Set up fixed asset and prepaid asset accounts.
- Work with office staff to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Prepare payroll on a timely basis, post payroll, and maintain payroll records.
- Prepare tax reports, tax deposits and tax returns in a timely, accurate manner.
- Maintain payables control: post invoices, prepare checks, and reconcile statements.
- Post additions and modifications to inventory, both to manual stock record sheets and to the computer.
- Administer charge-back program for late charges to inventory.
- Reconcile inventories monthly and provide Business Manager with proposed adjustments.
- Reconcile open cash weekly.
- Reconcile select account monthly, prior to month end.
- Assist in completion of annual review/audit.
- Complete end-of-month accounting reports.
- Prepare employee health/life benefit payments.
- Keep an updated file of all job descriptions.
- Prepare monthly floor plan report for use in commission calculations.
- Prepare sales commission/chargeback detail reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
Accounting degree preferred. One year of experience in a dealership position. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Working knowledge of dealership documents. Excellent communication skills. Professional appearance. Will be trained on dealership computer systems.
The Office Manager works at a desk in an office setting for most of the shift. S/he will spend several hours a day analyzing dealership records, posting accounts, and performing other types of paperwork.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
Signature (Employee) Date
Signature (Supervisor) Date